- 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ½freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ½garlic powder
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 4 in ½of Serrano ham slicedhalf lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons celery seed or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ¾all purpose flour or more to taste
- 8 slices ¾bread crumbs
- 8 slices beaten eggs
- 8 slices chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the raisins, olives and shallots in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until they are coarsely chopped. Add the olive oil and vinegar and continue pulsing until the relish is combined but not puréed. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to 2 weeks before using.
- Spread one side of the rolls with mayonnaise and the other side with mustard. Place 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of roast pork on one side of the roll. Cover with 2 slices of cheese and then spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of the raisin and olive relish over the cheese and close the hoagies.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat (if your skillet isn’t large enough you may need to cook the sandwiches in 2 batches). Place the sandwiches in the skillet and press them down using a large flat object such as a bacon press, the bottom of a clean and heavy skillet or a heatproof plate. Toast the sandwiches for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until each side is browned and serve.