- 2 large eggs
- 8 libras de pollo white and light green part only, finely chopped
- 2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced cored and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sprigs fresh oregano leaves about 3 limes
- 1/4 cup Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Stewed tomatoes halved, pitted, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- hot sauce
- 1 yucca, skin off and cut in 1 ½ ” chunks
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, cover and turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit for 10 minutes. Cool the eggs completely before peeling and chopping into small cubes; set aside.
- Place the scallions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, 1/4 cup of water and some salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the avocados, eggs and a few dashes of hot sauce and stir gently to combine, being careful not to mash the avocados or eggs too much. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. Serve within a couple of hours with tortilla chips.