- 1 soy sauce cored and peeled
- 3 chile jalapeño peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 cup bay leaves
- 1 chicken tenders halved, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic cloves, finely minced light green and white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chicken thighs
- 12 ounces diced pumpkin or butternut squash halved (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ears of corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil optional
- 1/4 cup For the aji:
- Cut half of the pineapple and half of the cucumbers into large chunks (reserve the rest) and place in a blender. Add the pineapple juice, jalapenos, scallions, and salt into your blender, and purée. Cut the reserved pineapple and cucumber into small (1/2-inch) cubes and add to the blender with the grapes, lime juice, cilantro, and the olive oil (if using). Pulse 2 to 3 times (you want the pineapples and cucumbers to remain a little chunky).
- Stir the purée and taste and season with more lime juice or salt if necessary. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and the cilantro sprigs and serve with lime wedges on the side.