feel-good holiday gift guide
My previous gift guide was all about the foodie in your life. But as you all know, I also love fashion, make-up and anything that is feel-good. Continuing with the theme of supporting small businesses or those trying to make an impact on the world with their products, I have put together another gift guide with some of my current favorites and very inspiring gifts.
- Beauty Chef Holiday Glow Kit – Beauty is more than skin deep. A clean and healthy gut is the base for great skin, which is why I am always talking about getting your probiotics in and why I think this product is a little gem. I came across Beauty Chef at Flow Boutique at the Sacred Space in Miami. This boutique is the brainchild of visionary Karla Dascal, queen of the vegan & wellness movement in Miami. Beauty Chef is edible skin care full of probiotics and vitamins that will put the glow back in your skin.
- Latina Warrior Princess Top – Princesas Guerreras (PG) or Warrior Princess is an initiave created by influencer Marines Duarte to bring awareness to gender inequality and physical/psychological/sexual abuse against women and girls. Through education and prevention, PG hopes to open the dialogue about a subject that is still very much a taboo, especially amongst Hispanics. I am all for supporting this initiative plus I love the t-shirts, get one for all the Latin princesses in your life, young or old.
- Musa Unconditional Love Bracelet – Established in 2005, former stylist and magazine writer, Bobbie van der Vlugt, makes between one and three of each design, incorporating rare and Vintage beads for her line Musa jewelry. She combines them with gemstones and crystals for their spiritual properties and healing capabilities. Celebrities that collect her work include Uma Thurman, Sandra Bullock, the de Givenchy family, and the Greek royals to name a few!
- Fight Like a Girl T-shirt – This amazing t-shirts with great Mexican craftsmanship are a collaboration between Mexican designer Vero Solis and Stitch Lab Miami. Stitch Lab Miami’s, created by Univision’s own Andrea Chediak and Karina Rosendo, mission is to help emerging Latin American designers who place an importance on eco-friendly designs, showcase their creations outside their country of origin. They are great for any super woman in your life!
- Beautycounter Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Classic – I recently had a MUA use this eyeshadow palette on me; I immediately fell in love with the colors and just had to have it. Imagine my excitement when I found out that Beautycounter is all about making safer personal care and beauty products. We now know that the FDA does not regulate the beauty industry therefore it is very important that we do the research ourselves and start using brands that are looking out for us.
- Kitchen Herb Garden – This is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Nothing is more gratifying than cooking with ingredients you have harvested yourself, especially when you know they are pesticide free. I know gardening can be scary; I am scared of it too. But this Mason jar herb set makes it really easy to grow organic mint, basil and cilantro (the queen of herbs in my book). No chemical, transplanting or messy drainage holes and perfect for apartment living.
- Deluxe Kombucha Brewing Kit –. We all know probiotics are great for us to keep our gut health in check and Kombucha is full of them. If you know someone that is trying to kick soft drinks to the curve, this is a great way to introducing them to a great healthy alternative. This is such a fun gift! It comes with everything you need to start making your own Kombucha. It makes me feel like I am a kid back in science class!
- Aroma OM Gold Marble – I love aromatic diffusers and love this one’s slick and classy design. With just a few drops of natural essential oils you can create spa like atmosphere at home but also, essential oils are great for your health. They can help with upper respiratory infections, sleeping issues and relaxation, amongst many other things. I have been using diffusers for a while now and they are a must in my house.